Discover ways to improve your sleep 😴
Top tips to add into your daily routine that can help improve your sleep quality.
- Exercise regularly (Just not right before bed). Exercise is one of the best science-backed ways to improve your sleep and health.
- Avoid caffeine in the evening. Caffeine can stay elevated in your blood for 6–8 hours. So, avoid it in the evenings.
- Cut the booze out. Alcohol is known to disrupt sleep patterns. So, drop the alcohol for a better night sleep.
- Relax and clear your mind in the evening. You could implement a strategy like listening to relaxing music, reading a book, taking a hot bath, meditating, or visualisation ahead of bedtime.
- Avoid blue light 2 hours before bed. The blue light comes from mobiles, the TV or your computers. So, either don’t use these things closer to bedtime. Or you could do the following:
- Grab some glasses that block out blue light.
- Download an app to block blue light on your laptop or computer if you don’t want the glasses.
- Install an app that blocks blue light on your smartphone if you don’t want the glasses.